Murrieta Annulment Attorneys
Is an Annulment Right for You?
If you are currently married and have run into any type of difficulty that
cannot be solved you may consider splitting up. However, it is important
to understand that there may be different options available to you. There
are major differences between seeking a divorce and an annulment, which
a Murrieta family law attorney from The Grey Legal Group, APC can explain
to you in detail.
At our firm, we understand that there are many factors can play a part
in making a marriage impossible. We can help you explore your legal options when you
contact us today.
Who Can File for Annulment?
The state of California allows couples to file for annulment in special
circumstances. The effect of an annulment essentially means a marriage
never occurred, which is much different than divorce. While no community
property exists, rights to a division of assets may exist if one spouse
is found to be a putative spouse.
Obtaining an annulment in the state court is separate than obtaining a
religious annulment and both have no bearing on the other. Even if you
are not filing for divorce, is just as important to hire a Murrieta annulment
attorney to represent you.
An annulment may be granted based on any of these factors:
- If it is proved that fraud or force was used in obtaining a marriage
- If one spouse was physically or mentally incapacitated at the time of the union
- If the spouses were closely related, which is prevented by law
- If one of the spouses did not have parental consent and was under the age of 18
- If one of the spouses was married to another person at the time of the marriage
If you are ready to begin the annulment process or would like to learn
more, contact our office at 951.363.2255 to schedule a