A passion for helping clients protect their rights, their interest and their future

Move-Away Requests in Murrieta

Experienced Riverside & San Diego Counties Family Law Attorneys

Have you run into a situation where you or the other parent of your child wishes to move away? Although this type of circumstance is understandable, it can be very frustrating and make your current custody order and visitation schedule more complicated. A Murrieta family law attorney from our firm can provide you with legal guidance and advice about your unique situation.

At The Grey Legal Group, APC​, we understand how to best handle move-away requests. Call us today at 951.363.2255 to learn more.

How Are Custody Decisions Made?

There are a number of questions that the court will ask in regards to your life and the life of the other parent regarding how it applies to the move-away request. The court's top priority is to protect your child's or your children's best interest at all times, ensuring that they will not be negatively affected by a move-away order or custody decision.

A few of the questions which may be asked of you before making a decision include:

  • What is the purpose of the move?
  • Will the move be beneficial or detrimental?
  • How have circumstances changed since the original order was put in place?
  • How much time did each parent spend with the child?

Handling Cases with Great Caution

In certain custody cases, one parent may want to move due to a job opportunity, a military transfer, or to be closer to family. A court expert may be appointed to determine if the move will be detrimental to the parent-child relationship.

In cases where contact between a parent and child will be significantly disrupted, the court will likely take extra caution in allowing a child to move with the requesting parent. The court will also look at which parent will attempt to encourage and foster a relationship between the child and non-custodial parent. Move-away cases can be very involved and take a significant amount of time to be decided by the court.

To get started with a free consultation, contact The Grey Legal Group, APC online today.

Contact UsToday!

Fill out the following form or call (951) 363-2255 to get started. Someone from our firm will return your inquiry shortly.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.